I spent a little bit of time updating my vMetrics plugin for WordPress blogs. To give you a brief run-down, vMetrics allows you to display information from your VMware vCenter Cluster or ESX hosts / lab on your WordPress blog. It works with vSphere 4, 5 and 5.1.
In version 1.1 I have made the following changes:
Change log for version 1.1:
- Added new metrics section for hardware information (Model and Vendor of first host in cluster – this is editable in the PowerCLI script)
- Added configurable widget title section for Hardware
- Updated PowerCLI updater script to have a DO WHILE loop (allowing you to run the script once on a management machine and it will keep updating your blog vMetrics every 30 minutes. (The script is called once every half hour). Thanks @dawoo for the idea 🙂
- Added PowerCLI section to send the vendor and model type of the first ESX host it finds back to vMetrics so that you can display this information in the widget too
- Cleaned up PHP in main plugin code
You can take a look at the main plugin page here or use the links below to download the latest version right away. Installation and configuration steps can be found on the main plugin page.
Latest version downloads (get the plugin and updater script):